This recipe has been so popular since last night it just can’t wait until Sunday! I based my recipe off of one I found on pinterest but she takes you through making special taco meat etc which I didn’t find necessary. I did follow the picture that was attached to the pin for a little guidance, you’ll find that below.
1. Lay out one burrito sized tortilla (you may want to heat it up for about 20 sec to make sure it doesn’t break) and top with tostitos cheese dip. I did one large spoonful keeping it towards the center of the tortilla.
2. On top of that I placed 2 spoonfuls of taco meat (I use Chi Chi’s brand seasoning that has diced onions, garlic and green chilies. So much better than that orange colored greasy sauce. I’ve only been able to find it at Woodmans).
3. Top with either a tostada or what I did was just break a hard shell in half and lay it flat on top of the meat.
4. Now top with whatever you like! I did sour cream and shredded cheddar. I was afraid lettuce would get too soggy.
5. You’ll want to take another tortilla shell and break it into quarters and place 2 of the quarters over the top of your ingredients.
6. Begin folding the tortilla you placed everything on accordion – style (the picture below will give you a better example) to make sure all of your ingredients are secure!
7. I turned on one of my stove burners to a medium heat and added a little olive oil. Place folded side down first so it’ll seal in everything. Toast on both sides and you’re done!
We’ll be making these a lot at my house so enjoy!
(Top photos are courtesy of http://www.copykat.com/2014/07/02/taco-bell-crunchwrap/)